Monday, March 16, 2009

Favors - 2B or not 2B?



We've been thinking that we'd probably not do favors, as we didn't want to give people another bit of useless, plastic kitsch that they'd have to get rid of afterward.

That said, though, I have a few favors from friends' weddings that I really treasure. When a dear Korean friend, let's call her Style Doc, got married, everyone got a pair of small hand-painted wooden ducks that are a symbol of good luck and happiness in that culture. As I write, these ducks are on a shelf just above my computer, and remind me of my friend... and the fact that I owe her a thank you note for a birthday gift... Another friend, who is a mosaic artist, decorated hundreds of glass votive holders with brown and copper glass. These candle holders look great amidst the plants in my sand-and-sage-colored living room.

If I had the crafty skills, I'd love to make something cool and memorable like these lovely favors. I've had a hard time coming up with anything that seems feasible, yet.



But I do like to bake, and when I saw these adorable labels, I thought maybe we could just make dozens of chocolate chip cookies in the weeks before the wedding, freeze them, and offer them in little goodie bags to take home. Homemade, local, organic, delicious, and consumable. Sounds like a winning combo! (But will I really be able to bake dozens of cookies in the weeks before the wedding? Stay tuned...)

4 comments:

Color Me Green said...

yeah i love the idea of edible favors but since i'm already stuck on the idea of making my cakes, i dont think i could handle cookie baking too!

east side bride said...

we wanted to burn a custom cd for everybody, but sanity (and the environment) won out :P

elizabeth said...

@color me green: awesome that you are making the cakes!!! i'd been toying with that idea, wondering if it's too much to take on. how are you gonna do it?

@ESB: it's the thought that counts, right?;-)

The Pissed Off Bride said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

The idea and the cute bags. No one will toss a tasty treat.