Friday, May 15, 2009

Party practice

Mr. Barefoot figured out that part of the reason throwing the Big Party in October is stressful is that we don't have much practice in doing so. In some glorious (imagined?) past, elegant orchestrated parties might have been common. Surely it was easier with stay-at-home spouses or even household help to do the cooking and cleaning. Lacking either of those, most of our events tend to be simple wine & cheese or cocktail parties, with a few yummies hastily grabbed from Trader Joe's.

This weekend, we're taking it up a notch - with catered food and decorated cakes (yes, plural!) and bubbly - for our celebration of my almost-graduation. (I'll be finishing up this summer - the end is definitely in sight.) The whirl of parties starts tonight, my folks arrive tomorrow, and I get to wear my lovely blue flowing gown on Sunday!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

2 comments:

Dyanne said...

Yayayayay!! Congratulations :) My parents both got PhDs while I was in high school, so I have seen first hand the... agony!! Almost done.

meeting venues said...

Really a nice whirlwind of ideas, inspirations, options and choices. It’s very beautiful idea. A romantic place for both the soul. It’s good to be have spared special time here. It’s your lifetime achievement.
Good Luck both of you.