Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun wedding cake!

From the New York Times

What a fun, fun idea! A while back, I said that I wanted a piñata, but this is the first one that's really tickled my fancy. It would be a fun way to open the dance floor... we could take a couple whacks, and then turn it over to the kids.

I also love the idea of the bride being given flowers for her bouquet by the assembled guests. That really gives everyone a part in the ceremony, and makes it so inclusive.

From the New York Times

I've been thinking of a similar idea, in which everyone could bring a rock, pebble, marble, or some other small bit of nature's ephemera, and place them all in a glass jar, so we'd always have a little bit of our community with us.

Example found here
(though the ones on the right are eggs - I don't think we want to carry around a jar of eggs!

4 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

ouuuu, I LOVE the idea of everyone bringing or giving a small rock/pebble for you to keep.

Since we aren't very religious, we were looking at having a 'stone warming' part to our ceremony- where the guests or family members/wedding party, are given stones, with this beautiful speech about how each stone was shaped over time, like how we were, and to have them 'warm' the stones with their love and support- giving them to us with wishes. :)
I didn't think about keeping them in a beautiful glass jar! this will be perfect :)

Caroline said...

I love the idea that the guests give the bride her flowers to become her bouquet! What a great idea! I also like the idea of having a pinata and getting the kids involved. Very nice idea!

Ivory bridal shoes said...

Ohmigosh! Where do you get that pinata? That is so great! We're having lots of kids so it will be really fun for them.

cupcakewedding said...

I love pinatas! I've seen them in all colors for weddings. So fun.