Tuesday, June 9, 2009

An unveiling...

So many wedding-related goodies in the mail of late!

However, if you've read this blog for any length of time, you might remember that I have a bit of a phobia when it comes to opening certain packages.



I think I'm improving though - this box only sat less than a week before I opened it.

And what luscious goodness was inside!







My eagerly awaited birdcage veil and fascinator, from Kasia Fink!

It's gorgeous! I have a wedding hair trial scheduled for late August, and it's going to be hard to wait that long to try this in my hair. I did play around with it for a few minute, while Mr. Barefoot ran out to get pizza, but my ponytail didn't do it justice. It needs a full-on upsweep for the whole dramatic effect. I love it!


Like these babies, it's gonna be hard to keep under wraps until the appointed day (but until then, I'm barefoot...).

The whole thing was packaged so beautifully, with so much care, and Kasia was an absolute delight to work with online. Definitely check out her lovely veils and fascinators.

8 comments:

Dyanne said...

Love it!! Although, I must confess that I like the hat box almost as much--when do you get to use those anymore?!

Brite Lines said...

Awesome! My veil/fascinator looks pretty similar. Did you manage to find a reasonably-priced person in SF to do your hair?
I have yet to find anyone yet! Everyone seems to want just as much for the "trial run" as for the day of, and seriously, I can't justify spending $200+ for you to run a curling iron through my hair for five minutes and tack a big ol' flower on my head! Though it looks like I might just have to get over it.

mandy said...

How beautiful! I second the hatbox gush...and those shoes! Gasp! :)

Caroline said...

I love the Jimmy Choo shoes! They're great!

Ivory wedding shoes said...

Ohmigosh, the Jimmy Choos are gorgeous!!!

Amanda said...

Ooh those Jimmy Choo's are fabulous. Shoe lust.

Krista said...

beautiful!!! absolutely gorgeous :)

the un-bride said...

Love it! (And I totally do that with wedding-related packages, too.)

briamil: that fizzy stuff you take to keep your stomach from doing flip-flops during wedding prep. Not to be confused with the more effective "champagne".