Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You want *what* color?

I've been obsessed with pomegranates ever since I was a kid, when I used my allowance to buy the rather pricey, exotic fruit at the local farmer's market. I loved the way the grainy texture of the skin contrasted with the sparkling jewels of seeds inside, and the way the luscious juice dyed my fingers red.

Dandelion Ranch

Here in California, they actually grow locally, and are plentiful (and cheap) during in the fall - an obvious choice for centerpieces on the wedding dining tables (especially since it's easier to come by organic fruit than flowers). Combined with local, organic persimmons from my BFF's backyard tree, they'll make a knock out combo.

Loop Flowers

Though florists are familiar with their decorating potential, it's been rather more difficult to explain to others that my wedding colors (as it were... ) are being dictated by persimmons and pomegranates.

Since I have champagne tastes on a beer budget, I'll probably be doing something more like this:


POM DIY

Hooray for DIY tutorials!

and more POM DIY here

4 comments:

Caroline said...

i love pomegrantes too! It's a great color and great fruit!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

They look great with the flowers and I love them in that vase!!!

Krista said...

Pomegranates are such a good idea! Good luck with it, I really like the vases!

sera said...

that looks really lovely. I may have to steal that.