Monday, February 9, 2009

Mystery solved

Late last night, I finally got up the gumption to open the Mystery Box, and...

{.....drum roll, please........}


discovered that the dress that looked so cute and casual and carefree online (and was just over $100 on eBay) is not the one for me.

It seems that, much to my chagrin, I am leaning toward more expensive and poufy concoctions. Surprising, when I thought I was just a simple, barefoot girl.

But not so surprising: my best friend went through the exact same thing. Bought a simple, straight, white bridesmaid's dress to wear at her wedding, and thought she was done. Proclaimed she wanted to keep things simple and poufy was not her style. Two months later, she got in touch with her Inner Bride, and headed down to some Giant Bridal Warehouse to get a properly poufy bridey dress.

Having been through this before, she has agreed to accompany me to the Pronovias trunk show at Novella Bridal in SF this Friday. I feel it... my dress is out there!

2 comments:

love said...

Good for you. I'm glad you don't feel stuck with it!You need the right dress which will show off your beautiful essence on your wedding day. I'm glad you have that friend with wise experience now to lend a hand.

www.lovesimplyhappens.com

Anonymous said...

So funny! I was the same way. I wanted a simple, cheap, bare-bones ivory dress and after trying on dresses, the bride in me took over and I ended up getting a GOWN. A beautiful, not cheap, not simple gown. Funny how that inner bride comes out when you least expect it.