Saturday, January 24, 2009

eBay to the rescue!

I am a little obsessed with dresses right now. I don't know why - it's not urgent. I've got a good ten months before the wedding in which to find something to wear. But the fact of not knowing what I'm going to wear right now stresses me out.

I am still dreaming of the lovely Vera Wang dress I tried on at the Saks sample sale on Weds. Maybe I should go for it... but I'm really not comfortable throwing down $2K for a dress to wear once.

Meanwhile, I searched on eBay for my favorite party dress designer, Tadashi. Their dresses are always so comfortable and flattering. My go-to party dress is a fushia silk, with a gathered - 'ruched' in design industry speak - bodice.

Lo and behold, I found a beautiful white dress, that could be altered down to my size. I suspect I'll get it, as there were no other bidders within 30 minutes of the auction close.

No comments: