Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Something blue

I've been a bit obsessed with the idea of wearing a blue wedding gown. I love blue of any shade, it looks better with my complexion than white, it seems to go better with our outdoor beach-side ceremony site, and there's always the possibility of wearing it again.

I just stumbled on an amazing blue silk gown here. It's even made with Ahimsa silk, which means that caterpillar doesn't have to die for the silk. How cool is that?

This Maggie Sottero dress comes in "blue haze", barely off white and really beautiful too.

This one might be better, as Mr. Barefoot is pretty traditional in certain ways, and might not be psyched if I showed up in a bright blue dress. Though I do love the idea that no living beings were harmed in the making of the dress.

Anyone else out there wearing a colored wedding dress? Other good sources for blue wedding dresses?

1 comment:

Sonarisa said...

I've been toying with the idea of a colored wedding dress. Probably not a bright color, but definitely not white (curse my Irish genes!) Probably a blush color, possibly with a cream lace overlay (I'm rather traditional). Really enjoying your ideas for eco friendly weddings though, just started reading, but looking forward to the ride :)